Thursday, January 27, 2011

Why I need to wake up early every morning

I always wanted to be an early riser, but almost every morning I always found myself giving excuses to be in bed for another 10 to 20 minutes after the the alarm goes off. I slept late last night, I couldn't sleep well last night, I feel tired, my body is aching and so on....even though deep in my mind I know I can just be on my feet right away and start my morning routine if I'm determined to do so.

I realized that if I want to be an early riser I have to find a good reason to do so. Avoiding a negative behavior is difficult, but cultivating good behavior for improvement is much more inspiring and energizing. So my focus is not on remedy or rectification but on gaining or benefiting.

What do I gain if I am an early riser?

1. Fresh start
To pull yourself together and jump out of bed early in the morning gives you momentum. When you wake up a little late (as I always did) you are slowly pushing yourself and dragging yourself to be alert. Your mind focuses on the down side of your situation (sleepy, tired, need more rest, etc). The activities that follows after you are out of bed will be slow and inactive compare to when you are jumping out of bed (though I don't really mean jump). The momentum makes your blood in your body flows more faster and makes you more alive. Just find the right focus when you greet the start of your day. Be grateful and smile from your soul.

2. Enjoy my morning routine
Early start in the morning means more time for getting ready for the day. More time to groom yourself neatly, enjoy your breakfast, and if you meditate or do your prayers early in the morning you can perform it more peacefully.

3. Get my day ahead of others
Morning is actually the best part of the day to get things done. The quietness, the calmness and the recharged you, gives you the right mood and energy to complete a few tasks efficiently and mindfully.

The most important point here is to be prepared the night before. Make sure you have a short list (1-3 items) of task to be completed in the morning, and go to bed early. Start your day with a smile from your heart and the world will smile back to you the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment